II. The Assemblies of the Church
D. The Synod
a. Denominational Funding
1. The synod shall annually review the unified denominational budget as proposed by the Board of Trustees and approve a ministry-share assignment to provide the revenue for that budget.
2. Synod shall review the annual budgets of the denominational agencies.
3. Following each annual synod, the executive director shall inform the classical treasurers as to their respective denominational ministry shares.
(Amended from Acts of Synod 1992, p. 711)
b. Regulations pertaining to the choosing of delegates to synod and synodical deputies
1. Delegates who believe the seating of (or election of) women delegates (or synodical deputies) is in violation of the Word of God may record their protest on the appropriate credentials. Their names, along with protests, shall be recorded in the minutes of synod.
2. Commissioned pastors serving as a solo pastor of an organized congregation may be sent as a ministerial delegate to synod and nominated to serve in other denominational functions where a person must normally be a minister of the Word.
(Acts of Synod 2007, pp. 612, 665)
(Amended Acts of Synod 2009, pp. 613-14)
3. Commissioned pastors serving in emerging churches and associate staff positions may be delegated as elder delegates to synod and nominated to serve in other denominational functions where a person must normally be an elder.
(Acts of Synod 2013, pp. 559-60)